Sunday 7 May 2017

Leek Zucchini & Potato Bake



Carole's Chatter: Leek Zucchini & Potato Bake


This Leek Zucchini & Potato Bake turned out really well.  But I tried to do it again from memory a few days later and it was a disappointment.  I guess there's something to be said for recipes after all!

Ingredients:

2 small potatoes parboiled and sliced
3 zucchinis sliced roundways
2 leeks, washed and sliced
¼ small white onion
1 small home-grown red chilli
Crème fraiche (or cream)
Grated cheese (edam)
Parmesan cheese
Knobs of butter
Chilli oil (or olive oil)

Method:

Parboil your potatoes – I sliced them first – boil for about 5 minutes in salted water

Lightly sauté the zucchinis, leeks, chilli and onion

Brush a lasagne dish with chilli oil.  Put in the veggies in layers, potato first.  Season each layer as you go.  Make every 3rd layer (and the top) a mix of the crème fraiche and cheese.

Pop your knobs of butter on top and bake in a moderate oven for 35 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, recipes do help us to remember things. I want to try this one, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this layered casserole. Perfect for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always needing to pull out recipes to. Make things, even though I have prepared them many time so before. Well this sure looks good and I would eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look tasty. I like the combination of ingredients. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers